Sunday 27 September 2009

I'm a lean, mean, quilting machine - Part 2.

Ok, I'm finally back with part 2 of my weekend exploits!!
The rest of the stuff on my list that i got finished was:

1st ever quilt re-bound - DONE!



When i dug this out a couple of months ago i thought I'd be horrified by is as i have come a long long way since then. The pattern for this came out of the first quilting book i ever bought when i was still naive enough to think i could pick one of the most complicated quilts in the book and pull it off! Luckily i did just about manage to pull the quilt off but not the binding - it was horrific!!

I finally got round to rebinding it and i adore it. It is made with woven sage green check and 2 layers of batting and sooooo soft.



Get Sue Spargo quilt ready to go to the long arm quilter - DONE!!



This has only been sat waiting for the last few bits doing for oh, maybe 2 years?It's made from wool blankets that I spent 2 or 3 weekend dyeing in a pan on the stove after seeing this tutorial.

Make backing - DONE!

Last but not least i made binding for my grandmothers Flower Garden quilt. Remember this?



This has been waiting a few months for me to finish it off. I love this quilt and am amazed that my love of it didn't motivate me sooner, but guess that's probably because i have the attention span of a gnat and had already moved into something newer and shinier!

The binding was a pig to make. I made continuous bias binding which confused me no end and it felt like I'd sewed, unpicked, sewed it a thousand time before i got all the lines to match up properly.

Just have to sew it around all the hex shapes around the edge. If you hear a really loud scream then you know it's me losing the will to live!!